We are now seeking submissions for the Journal!
Article submissions should be both substantive, and add value to the literature of topics in the field of international affairs/ relations such as theory, policy, security, development, communication, the environment, conflict & peace, etc. We accept professional articles, situational reports, literature reviews, book reviews, policy briefs, among others.
- Length: Articles should be between 1500-2800 words (around 10 pages)
- Format: Papers need to be double-spaced, 12-point Times or Times New Roman font and follow the Chicago/Turabian citation style
- File format: Save your document as a .doc or .docx file and label it as:
Last Name_First Name_Date Submitted
- Submission Form: Attach to your email in a separate document, please fill out JIS Submission Form If your submission is chosen for publication, we will reach out for a short biography of the author(s) (less than 200 words) and a brief abstract (around 180-200 words).
- Contact information: In the body of your email, please be sure to list your full name, email address, phone number, SIS program, and expected or actual graduation date.
- Email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday at 11:59 PM of each week to be in by that week’s admission cycle.
All papers are blind reviewed by a minimum of two members of the journal staff to ensure a fair selection process. Failure to follow submission guidelines may result in an automatic rejection.
Photo submissions should answer the question, “What does international affairs mean to you?”
- Ownership: You must own/control the copyright to all submitted content. You cannot submit copyrighted material or work obtained from other sources unless you have explicit permission.
- Format: Send full-size, high quality photos in a jpg, png, or eps file format. Please do not upsize or downsize photos. Save your file as: Last name_First Name_Title
- Caption or Description: Include a brief description (less than 200 words) of how your piece responds to the question. Be sure to include any keywords that relate to the subject.
- Contact Information: List your full name, email address, phone number, SIS program, and expected or actual graduation date in your email.
- Email your file, zip folder, or link to email@example.com.
Visual work does not follow the same admission schedule as article submissions. Your photo may be used at any point on the JIS website or its print publication, and all contributors will be notified of their work’s inclusion.
Please send any other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.