The Journal of International Service is always looking for dedicated SIS graduate students to join the team. If you are currently enrolled at SIS, either part-time or full-time, and are in good standing with the university, you are eligible to apply.
We are an equal opportunity organization, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
The Journal of International Service is comprised of junior and senior editors, and the Executive Board of JIS:
- Editors may have up to eight hours per semester of time commitment. While JIS is flexible and understanding when it comes to work and academic obligations, it is important that editors follow through with their commitment to the Journal in order to provide our authors with a timely and fair publication process.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Applicants should submit a statement of interest highlighting the applicant’s relevant background and goals with the Journal, as well as an academic writing sample of not more than five pages.
- All junior staff will be selected based on their both their time commitment, and their relevant skills and experience.
- The Executive Board members have at least two hours per week of time commitment. As the members responsible for managing Journal operations and publication, consistent and reliable availability is critical in ensuring that essential functions do not go unfulfilled.
- The Journal will put out a call for applications to the SIS graduate student body when a position is vacant.
- Applicants should submit a resume detailing their relevant experience and skills. For some positions, the Journal may also request a writing sample or additional materials.
- Executive Board Members will be selected based on (1) reliable availability, (2) relevant skills and experience, and (3) history with the Journal.
To learn more about these positions, please visit our Position Descriptions page. To apply, please fill out an application. Please be sure to send us your writing sample, as well, to email@example.com.