We are now seeking submissions for the Journal!
All submissions for the 2020 spring semester are due no later than midnight, 15 February 2020. Any submissions after that date will be reviewed during the following semester.
Article submissions should be both substantive, and add value to the literature of topics in the field of international affairs/ relations such as theory, policy, security, development, communication, the environment, conflict & peace, etc. We accept professional articles, literature and book reviews, and research papers, among others.
- Length: Articles should be between eight and 20 pages (approximately 1500-5600 words).
- Format: Papers must be double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font and follow the Chicago Manual of Style citation format.
- File format: Save your document as a .docx file and label it as:
Last Name_First Name_Date Submitted.
- Submission Form: Attach to your email in a separate document, along with a completed JIS Submission Form.
- Contact information: In the body of your email, please be sure to list your full name, email address, phone number, SIS program, and expected or actual graduation date.
- Email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our Submissions staff will confirm receipt, and the Journal will inform you of the outcome of the peer review process once it is complete.
All papers are blind reviewed by a minimum of two members of the journal staff to ensure a fair selection process.
Failure to follow submission guidelines may result in an automatic rejection.
Creative Content submissions should be original works by current or former SIS students which discuss some aspect of international affairs or relations. Formats/genres may include, but are by no means limited to: poetry, travelogues, short stories, or essays. Submissions ought be double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, and no more than about 5 pages (about 1300 words) in length. Please save them as a .docx file labeled as Last Name_First Name_Date Submitted, and email to email@example.com. Our Submissions staff will confirm receipt, and the Journal will inform you of the outcome of the selection process once it is complete. In the body of your email, please be sure to list your full name, email address, phone number, SIS program, and expected or actual graduation date.
Photo submissions should answer the question, “What does international affairs mean to you?”
- Ownership: You must own/control the copyright to all submitted content. You cannot submit copyrighted material or work obtained from other sources unless you have explicit permission.
- Format: Send full-size, high quality photos in a jpg, png, or eps file format. Please do not upsize or downsize photos. Save your file as: Last name_First Name_Title
- Caption or Description: Include a brief description (less than 200 words) of how your piece responds to the question. Be sure to include any keywords that relate to the subject.
- Contact Information: List your full name, email address, phone number, SIS program, and expected or actual graduation date in your email.
Email your file, zip folder, or link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visual work does not follow the same admission schedule as article submissions. Your photo may be used at any point on the JIS website or its print publication, and all contributors will be notified of their work’s inclusion.